Hickory Dickory Bosc
Yield/ Portions: 6 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Temp: 370.
3 Firm Bosc Pears
½ Cup Apple Cider (may substitute 100% Apple Juice
½ Cup Shagbark Hickory Syrup
½ Teaspoon ground Cloves
½ Teaspoon ground Nutmeg
¼ Teaspoon Cumin
½ Tablespoon Vanilla
3 Cups fresh Red Raspberries
1 ripe Peach
¼ Cup White Grape Juice
- Peel Pears, cut in half and seed.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients.
- Pour liquid and spices into 9 inch Pyrex pan.
- Lay Pears in pan flat side down.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake in oven pre-heated to 375 for 20 minutes.
- Pears should be soft but hold shape.
- Peal, pit and dice Peach.
- Add Raspberries and Juice.
- Reduce to syrupy-compote. Do not strain.
- Serve ½ Pear portion in a bowl with a spoonful of juice.
· (May be presented Hot or Cold.)
- Raspberry Sauce applied on top.
- May garnish with whole berries.
As a dessert, a scoop of vanilla Ice Cream may accompany the Pear-half with hot Raspberry Sauce.