Last year our niece and nephew gifted us a perfect way to prepare a turkey. Let us share with you….
BILLY & CHRISSIE’S BEST & JUICIEST TURKEY A World of taste beyond compare. You will never go back to other preparations, ever.
1 Gallon Vegetable Stock
½ Tablespoon Allspice Beans
½ Tablespoon Ginger
1 Teaspoon Peppercorn
½ Cup Light Brown Sugar
1 Cup Kosher Salt
1) Bring Above Ingredients To Boil
3) Clean & Rinse Turkey
4) Submerge in the Cold Broth [above ingredients]
5) Add 1 Gallon ICE [cubes] WATER
6) Keep Refrigerated for 6-8 Hours!!!!!
7) Drain & Pat Bird Dry
8) Discard Broth
9) Place Bird in Roasting Pan
10) Stuff with 1 Whole Apple [Onion, too, if you choose]
11) Cover with Foil
12) Cook in Pre-Heated 500 degree Oven for ½ Hour
13) Remove Foil & Drop Temperature to 350 Degrees and Cook for 2 Hours PLUS
Perhaps you are wondering why, with other recipes, you had to arise, pre-dawn, to begin to prepare your Turkey. I shall tell you why.
Two things happened: you stuffed your turkey and you did not take measures to give it moisture.
We shall resolve this by following this Recipe:
1) Your Stuffing is being prepared separately in order to allow your Turkey an even heating process: it is being caressed with heat over, around and throughout without the block which stuffing creates.
2) Stuffing: when one stuffs a Turkey: the stuffing literally sucks out the moisture! Think of the many Dry Turkeys, which you have suffered through! Gravy and more gravy maybe helps a bit but, you still have a dry Turkey! Dry leftovers, too!
3) Prepare your Stuffing separately and just make sure to add enough stock to keep it moist: stuffing is easy to work with if you think of it as a side dish.
4) Sleep in! Amaze all with a Great Bird!
5) HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!