Breakfast At The Inn
The rich scent of the Inn's own blend of organic coffee, fine teas brewing and enticing scents from the kitchen mingle in joyful greeting as you join the convivial common table for an ample, multi-course breakfast. Find your seat and enjoy the daily offering of our succulent, seasonal fruit dishes or head straight for the popular Hawthorne Inn Homemade Granola, topped off with a generous dollop of yogurt. Save room for the Innkeepers' Choice of a daily hot entrée along with a variety of wholesome fresh-baked goods, specialty jams and aged cheeses that offer themselves up to satisfy your desires.
You will begin your Breakfast with the Innkeeper's choice of Fresh Fruits prepared in a variety of ways. Such as:
- Marilyn's own hot Peach & Plum Nutty Fruit-Crisp, topped with Mascarpone. [This is a late summer delight made from local produce.]
- Gregory's unique Cold Spiced-Cherry Soup, served with a dollop of Sour Cream.
- Hawthorne Inn's Award-Winning "Hickory-Dickory-Bosc"; Bosc Pears poached in Hickory Syrup, aromatic spices and a garnish of reduced Raspberries.
- Chilled Fresh Local-Berry Cup with layers of color; Blueberries, Strawberries, Raspberries, Blackberries and Cherries [as seasonally available] offered with Whipped-cream or Fruit Yogurt.
- Tropical Fresh Fruit Cup; Mango, Papaya, Pineapple, Banana, Oranges, Pomegranate and Kiwi soaked in juice.
- Melon Plate; thinly sliced Catawba, Honeydew, Cantaloupe and Watermelon [especially nice in Summer when the melons are straight from our local Organic Farm]
- Baked Stuffed Apples, an Autumn Specialty, hot from the oven, served with cold heavy-cream. [We hand-pick a variety of apples at local orchards from Labor Day through the season]
- And, with simplicity, sweet Grapefruit Half, topped with a kiwi slice and cherry to add color on a Winter's morn.
As fruit preparations change daily so too the tasty Hot Entree offering, often prepared on our 50-year old double-oven Vulcan Stove.
- Omelets Cooked in Herb Butter:
Pepper & Mushroom Omelets mixing a variety of Red, Yellow, Orange & Green Peppers and Shitake, Portabello, Enoki, and White Button mushrooms.
Crabmeat & Avocado Omelets: Cheeses added may include a mixture of Cheddar, Jack, Parmesan, Goat or Brie.
Super light, whipped Eggs gently sautéed with Lox or Veggies.
- Poached Eggs:
Served with our own Hollandaise Sauce on a toasted English Muffin
- Fried Eggs:
Simple is sometimes better, Over easy or Sunnyside up
Our key to excellent Omelets, Scramblers or Fried Eggs is gently cook them in a butter prepared with fresh herbs:
thyme, rosemary, oregano, chives, parsley.
- Frittata: Spicy & Cheesy with lots of sautéed vegetables and a hint of Salsa.
- Buttermilk Waffles
- Buttermilk Pancakes
- Croissant French-Toast
Our Waffles, Pancakes and French-Toast are garnished with Homemade-sauces made from the reduced fruit of Banana, Raspberry, Mango, Peach, Plum, Blueberry, Strawberry and/or Cheery. Always topped with 100% Pure New England Maple Syrup!
Afternoon and Evening Snacks & Beverages
- Chinese Chews
This is Marilyn's Family Recipe; being 100% Slavic, something must have been lost in the name translation!
You'll be covered in Confectionary sugar as you eat these Date/Walnut treats.
Gooey with lots of Coconut and Nuts
Homemade Oatmeal with Chocolate Chip and Walnuts
Italian: from the local Italian Bakery: variety of colorful cookies including Biscotti and Macaroons
- Teas: A selection of 30 plus Herbal and Caffeinated teas to choose from.
- Coffee: our own Hawthorne Inn blends.
- Cider: Spiced hot or cold [Seasonal]
- Fruit-Juice Punch: Orange mixed with Concord Grape, Pomegranate or Cranberry